Tankwa Karoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchH

Race Dog
Reaction score
Hi All I have a little farm in the Tankwa Karoo. It is about 5km off the road to Ouberg Pass and about 23 km off the main route between Ceres and Calvinia 5km from the air strip in the Tankwa Park. I have three wooden sheds and an old caravan that serve as accommodation. There is a fully fitted kitchen with fridges and a gas stove also for the squeamish or if you don’t have a spade there is a flush yes a flush toilet. A wind mill provides water and is potable but I run it through a filter to remove the big bits from the tanks. At any one time there should be about 5000 litres of water available in the tanks. A diesel power rocket shower is also available. A gen set provides power
Please would you let me know if you are interested in using this facility as I am in PMB and only get down there twice a year. You could use the property free of charge .I would however have a few does and don’ts .For instance the place is stocked with food and water so if you use you replace if you break you mend and so on. You stay on the roads and don’t drive all over the place.NO QUADS NO HUMMERS there are places that cater for you guys especially if you got your quad as part of your cell phone contract after you got your mullet haircut.
If there is a group interested even better then I could leave the keys with a responsible person to distribute as required. I will have a visitor’s book so please fill it in with correct details. If the property and location lends its self to further development this can be discussed. Please note however there will be a few rules to abide by and the first transgression will render the place un available for further use. We have a local that will “selectively” remove dead trees from the river for use in the camp.
Please remember when you are using the place you will be my guests and will not own the place. Send us a message if you are interested then we can arrange a sit-down on site to have a look and to discuss terms and condition.