TerraPi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crab

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Thanks all of you who came to TerraPi and made this into a lekker break.
I met up with dashingDave, Pillion, Purple Pixie, Dizzy Dolphin and Pitpaplo on Friday afternoon.
Luggage was adjusted and tanks filled and soon we were cruising old Cape Road and heading for the Wimpy in Humansdorp for a pit stop and hot chocolate.
The sun was close to the horizon and we sped along for the turn off to TerraPi. I soon realised that the recently graded road had a very loose surface and we stopped and reduced tyre pressures, and headed on our way again.
It was dark by the time we got to TerraPi reception, and we were met by the new manager Ron who has only been in SA for four months having come from Holland.
He offered to take us and our kit down the hill in his 4X4, and knowing the state of the road and with it being dark we accepted the lift.
When we got to the Teepees we found SnakeyXT was already there. He had the urge to get out of town and rode out early in the afternoon. He had built a fire and had already cooked his supper by the time we arrived. I think he was quite glad to see us.

Saturday was a brilliant day. We had breakfast, put on our boots and walked up the hill to reception where we met Rachel and Marjaan. Then we did a quick 8km walk and headed back to the Teepees for lunch. After lunch Carlos arrived and then we did another short walk of about 3 or 4 km.

A massive pile of wood had been stacked up and it was set on fire on Saturday night. A bonfire of that magnitude is seldom seen, and we sat around for a long time in the warmth of the fire before retiring to our Teepees with the fires burning in them.
It started to rain in the night, and we left in the rain, and everyone has their own story to tell about TerraPi and the ride home, so thanks everyone who came along, and I really am looking forward to what you all say and seeing your pictures.

Attachments

• TerraPi 216.jpg
    TerraPi 216.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 402
  • TerraPi 218.jpg
    TerraPi 218.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 399
  • TerraPi 223.jpg
    TerraPi 223.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 400
  • TerraPi 213.jpg
    TerraPi 213.jpg