Thank you adventure riders!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stof

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
:sign4:

Hi dogs,

I am happy to report that I just arrived home after my first day of commuting!! Lekker wet from rain and coal carrier wheel spray, but very very happy.

I see now, however, that the open road needs to be taken very very serious; for me more so than the city traffic (3 yrs in school riding in that, never langpad before). In 26km two drivers sort of turned in front of me. Luckily I was vigilant enough (after hogging these forums on my boss's time) to spot it beforehand, and kept my distance. I would not recommend (at least to myself) going with the bike to what you know is going to be a hard/long day at work. Yes, my days can get long and hard as suggested by the pun...

Also, I don't think it's wise to tackle that road again until I have a proper dual sport and boots (skimp skimp KLR650Fegen en ktmpilot). The goggles on the  MX helmet sits bad and it's in my mind and in my nose all of the time.

I would also like to mention how OSSUM I found all adventure riders waving at me on the road! I could feeeel the envy of the cage drivers hovering around the two passing steeds.  :headbang: I'm like 'yeah that's right, we're on bikes... Strap in that wife of yours, you heard right! Bikes. Us. On them baby'. BTW, is the guy on the 1200 GS commuting on old Middelburg-Witbank road a dog? Anyone else on that route?

How do The Dogs feel about wearing those reflective spietkop baadjies? Orange filter on headlight (have HID and two normal white spots on crashbars)?

Anyway, that's about what I have for now. See you guys around, safe driving.

Stof

P.S: Sound of baffle-less pipes on 950 when approaching stop on high revs...

:wav: