Thank you for stopping (William Nicol this morning)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Big up to the guy on the GS1200 with the WD reflective Bib - I was somewhat rattled and didn't say "hi"...
But all good, just a broken mirror.

Was splitting along Willam Nicol this morning towards the N1, see a taxi in the right lane stop in the traffic and the front passenger door open and a leg appear  :eek:

Various bouts of training kick into action in a half second, with some emergency braking, and swerve to the left but not hitting the car in the left... then BANG !!! I hit the door (edge on), bounce off... and see the guy just about 'poef' himself... I see my mirror swinging all over the place, and I stop right in front of the taxi.  WOW that was close !

My first instinct is to mangle the passenger or driver's head (or both) with my armour-plated glove... but then see that it's only a mirror - and assess the situation.
The driver and the passenger were both apologetic and instead, got a stern request to always look out for bikes before getting out of a taxi.

All good and I'm on my way again.

:wave:

Frightening how quickly something like this can happen.