The Adventures of Jack - Ford F250 and Mavericks inane project ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R100GS / Kalahari
As I don't have much time on my hands and always running around with everything trying not to finish it, this bad boy came past the last week and before I knew it an offer was made, accepted and explaining had to be done to the wife  :biggrin: At this point I have no idea where I am going with this short of having fun with my boys and probably some tinkering along the way. This throws my teardrop build into a bit of a issue as the canopy on Jack is big enough to hold rock concert events never mind camping :headbang:

It is a 71' F250 with a 4 point something liter perkins diesel - the higher revving type so it can do 90 instead of 80 down a mineshaft. Mechanically very sound and started first turn after putting a battery on it and it's been in storage since 2012 last started  :eek7: Cosmetic......well the pictures speaks for itself so I won't waste binary on explaining. It's been de-registered so I am frantically thinking of everything I need to sort before taking it for roadworthy. Is cracking and peeling paint an issue if a vehicle is mechanically sound and all lights etc is working?

My boys are VERY excited and can't wait to sleep on the roof or be dropped at school - amazing how much kids aged 6 and 9 are tuned into having streed cred  :violent5:

The friend I bought it off had amazing travels all around Africa and I hope to do some proper justice to the truck and take my family at least through the Tankwa and Baviaans for a start, somehow my wife is just nodding and smiling like always - love her to bits  :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_7854.jpg
    IMG_7854.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1,126
  • IMG_7855.jpg
    IMG_7855.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,115
  • IMG_7856.jpg
    IMG_7856.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • IMG_7858.jpg
    IMG_7858.jpg