The 'Hando earns his bike thread'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Ok. Honestly , I had no idea what to call this thread.

As some of you may know , I am new to this group. But after the warm welcome and kind responses and messages I got from the Dawgs I feel right at home. Thank you. As some of you may also know, I do not own a bike. But I so badly want one.

Now...

The job I am doing does not have great pay and I am making ends meet with very little or nothing to spare at the begining of the month (never mind the end of the month!) This means that if I tried to save money from my current salary , I may be able to buy a bike when I go on pension. Uhhm , wait. I do not have a pension. Shit!

Anyway....

The fact of the matter is that I will have to earn some extra cash on weekends that I can save towards buying a bike one day. Now here is my thinking. I own a camera. Ok, so do most of you. But I also know how to use mine. As do most of you. But you can not take action pics of yourself and ride your bike at the same time.  Aha - got you there  ;) ;D  I have worked as a freelance pro photographer ( the typical wedding photog) for a quite a number of years.  Then I moved to Uitenhage and things went wrong (Bad economy , divorce, etc).

What I am hoping to do is to get involved in the events that you guys participate in and take action photos of the dawgs on their bikes enjoying themselves. I will then sort the photos according to rider and burn on CD to sell. Obviously events and rides in the Eastern Cape would be a lot easier for me to cover than other provinces but I am not limiting myself. Anything is possible.

Do you think this can work ?
Would you be interrested in photos of yourselves on events / rides and would you be willing to pay for that ?

Please let me know your thoughts and comments so I can figure out if this is a viable option or if I am chasing a pipe dream.

PS : those who are interrested in some of my photgraphic work can go and take a look here
https://www.perfectpic.co.za/main/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=14