The LeCap Spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdDog

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
A couple of months ago I bought a set of progresive springs from LeCap.  Over the easter weekend I eventually installed them. On first testing the them around the complex I did'nt notice much difference.  I then went for a ride that Sunday for a try out and immediately I did feel a difference.

I commute every day, come rain or sunshine between Randburg and Midrand and for those whole travel that road know how existing it can be. In the afternoon I hit a wall of cars from the Revonia off-ramp up to the four-way turn off. This section one rides with extreme caution. Yesterday I had to do a fair amount of hard braking and wiggly maneuvers to avoid our favorite animal, the cage.  It was then that I released what difference those springs have done to the bike. It tracks better, I can brake harder without that horrible bounce back I used to get on the standard installation. I have more confidence in the bike and am a little more relaxed riding in heavy traffic.

So what’s the moral of the story. If you’ve got 1500 to spare I would advice anyone who rides a Dakar 650 to DO IT. Do what, change the front fork springs for the one’s I go from LeCap. Well worth the effort.   Go on, dont wait, phone him....

Latest posts