The new guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiaan1981

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi guys

This is a quick introduction. It's actually pretty embarrassing. I have been a member on this forum for a couple of months now, but don't even own a bike. In a nutshell, this is my very brief story:

Grew up in a small "farming community". Well I lived in town and my friends lived on farms. Most of my high school weekends were spend on farms, often on unroadworthy bikes accompanied by braai and beer... Typical teenagers. That was about the last time I sat on a bike.

Since then I "grew-up" a little. Studied in Bloem, moved to capetown, got a job, got married and have two beautiful little girls.

I'm now 32 and since my friend bought himself a bike (BMW800GS) I have developed a severe "itch" to do the same. I have even convinced my wife that its good idea.

Since the itch started I have done my learners and find myself easing posts on the wild-dog-forum allmost Evey free moment.

I'm this officially in the 'market" for a bike. I'm sure I will ask for advise very frequently, as my biking knowledge is limited to my "farming- teenager-wild days".

Currently I'm undecided as to whether I should go road bike (my one friend rides a trumps street triple - an amazing machine) and the other the BMW 800GS. I'm leaning towards a dual purpose bike because that I would have the option of taking it "out of the city", but in reality ill probably spend 95% of my riding in the city for  commuting purposes.

So that's where I am...

Hope to meet some of you soon, and thanks for all te awesome posts!

T