The Perfect DS bike!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Buks

I guess i'm tired of work, so lets cut the crap and list our personal "perceptions" on the most common DS bikes - no brand loyalty, just say what you really think about that bike thousands of other people wants to be the best. Oh yes, there is obviously not such a bike than in the heading to this topic!
Let me start:
OK, i know too little about Husqavarna and the other exotics to have a perception other than they usually looks bloody cool, but who's going to repair it for how much?
Yamaha XT660 - goodish but bland + expensive.
  660 Tenere    - sexy but they forgot a motor and made it too expensive.           
Super 10        - Awesome motor and techno, but I think maybe worth a look if you can handle the weight.

Honda Africa Twin - The bike of it's day, but now way way way too old and they forgot susp.
  650 TransAlp      - The Corolla of DS bikes but oh so boring!
  700 TA                - Better, but needs a 6th gear and a headlight that doesn't offend you.

Suzuki DR650      - The best farm bike.
Vstrom's              - Vomitting looks but otherwise ok.

Kawa KLE500      - Yawn.
        KLR650        - So....so.

BMW 1150's        -  Good but way too heavy.
        1200's        -  Lighter but less reliable and way too exp. like all BM's.
          800          -  Very "breakable" without susp but sexy. BM, just complete it!
          650twin    -  Possibly underestimated but also not completed in the factory
Xchallenge          - Great but also never completed - not even a fuel tank.
GS 650/Dakar      -  Yawn
Old GS's              -  Like the AT they are to be left in history.

KTM 640ADV        - Great, just too high, viby with an "exp. date"
      690              -  Amazing, just bring us the Adv model !!!
      950ADV        - Great for it's time , but now oldish???
      950SE          - Awesome, but only ride it under warranty and remember fuel!
      990/s/R            - Awesome, but getting long in the teeth and also ride it only under warranty. 

I hope i haven't offended anybody too much, but that's just my perceptions and i'm sure everybody has their own. I guess it's part of the attraction to a forum like this. :pot:

Attachments

• BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 336