The Riemvasmaak Run - Reloaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
...and so it came to pass that Newguy, Doerengone, Riaanw, Generaal & myself set off for Riemvasmaak...my old special forces army training ground.
I needed to visit it again to deal with the demons. Next maybe will be the border & a little into Angola. Verstaan jy.

Generaals Vara kakked in Ceres so he was out :eek: Bad luck buddy :) So we cruised onward toward Loeriesfontein on the longest most amazing Karoo highways i have ever ridden! :drif:
Please keep in mind that this was my first 'holiday tour' with buddies. All other trips have been one or two overnighters or outrides + the two KTM RR. So it was nice to keep the speed down unlike getting to & from the RR's which is very pacy! :mwink:

We arrived frikken ampted, hot, dusty & dehydrated in Loeries & naturally gravitated toward the Loeriefontein Hotel for a few well deserved tubes :drif:
Doerengone almost had a nasty on the way but we could still discuss evidence of rare & hardy succulent flora still stuck to his 640 :biggrin:

We were destined to camp at the local sport/agricultural grounds courtesy of our ride Captain, Newguy, however being so hot I had a quick chat to the Hotel owner which put us into his winter braai & kuir area...with bikes :thumleft: Thanks boet! Its hard to stay away from refrigiration under these conditions...verstaan jy ::)
Some of the local charaters drifted in over time & i understood once again what makes our country great.....brandy & coke :) Joke....these guys are the genuine article...hard men in a hard part of the country! Me...the only soutie within a radius of 300km's... :eek: We got famousy on & a moerse lil party ensued....rehydration you understand..
Guys standing at braai...Doerengone, Newguy & Riaanw
Some pics...

Attachments

• Riemvasmaak Run 001.JPG
    Riemvasmaak Run 001.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 789
  • Riemvasmaak Run 003.JPG
    Riemvasmaak Run 003.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 777
  • Riemvasmaak Run 011.JPG
    Riemvasmaak Run 011.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 768