The sad passing of Mr Mitchell..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Well, not him exactly, but the Pass between Hogsback and Seymour.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am SO GLAD that I rode that pass at night coming back from the EC Bash...

THE FAMOUS RUTTED SECTION HAS BEEN REPAIRED... very sad indeed.

Sorry - I was too stunned to take pictures of the new section, but here is a snippet of a RR to come... (waiting for all the pics to be contributed..)

1. Me and my mates, on our way back to East London, on the Mountain Trail, just after the famous donga-pad...
2. And then, the place to have tea and scones, old chap, in Hogsback.

We have been to the Dodge City 400 - a ride to Aliwal North organised by the Queenstown Chapter of the Ulysses Club. Very, very excellent ride, a good turnout of about 60 - 70 people, and very good food (braai and salads) and accommodation at the Welgemoed Chalets at the Spa.

One of the highlights was doing the Joubert's Pass into Lady Grey. The next day saw Katberg and the Devil's Bellows (complete with brush fire on the aptly-named Pass ... can you believe it!  :eek: ) and on to the Hogsback Trail, and the Wolf River Trail down to the Sandile Dam at Keiskammashoek. Some brilliant  riding and great company.

Attachments

• P8300299.JPG
    P8300299.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 339
  • P8300304.JPG
    P8300304.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 335