The "So where did you put your tooltube" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oppad

Right, I thought it would be lekker if all the dawgs who made use of Goose's generous offer to be part of the big tooltube import scheme could show us what they did with theirs. Here's mine fixed to an existing bracket for a PVC tooltube that had gone missing We (friend with welding machine and I) modified the bracket slightly and welded a strip of steel to it so that we could a tube on either side of the strip. The old tube went missing because it was tied to the bracket with hose clamps. Not a good idea. As is, the new contraption will get its fair share of moering from stones, but it may just hold up. There really wasn't another place for it if you take the usual touring luggage into consideration.

As for the practicality and eventual use of the tubes itself I am still thinking. They are somewhat limited by a narrow diameter and will for instance not swallow the 12v compressor or a heavy duty tube for the 18" rear. I managed to cram a 21" heavy duty tube, patch and solution and some other stuff for the tyres inside one.  What it will take is medium sized tyrelevers, a hefty shifting, spanners in a tool roll (I already have the Cruz tools thingy which usually goes into a saddle bag) and a 750ml bottle of brandy.

Looks cool though, thanks a lot Goose

The bracket and attachment
ttube01.jpg

The bigger picture
ttube05.jpg