This is MOZ living the adventure! (plenty pics!)...COMPLETED...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaasjaap

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 250
Less than a month after returning from our awesome Namibia trip, everything works out amazingly and before we know it, Saaakie and I are putting on knobllies onto our two noble steeds... Finally my KLR could become a real KLR with D606's on! (Groenie, Kykdaar & Glacier dankie weer!)

The place- Limpopo to Save River, Mozambique interior.
The plan- enter Pafuri, Recce the region out before the team of 4x4's heading towards Chicualacuala & Massangena.
The purpose- finding the lost...(physically and spiritually) & having an awesome time whilst doing so. (PS- I am not seeking to start religeous debate here, please just enjoy the report with us! I will be focussing on the physical adventure)

We had to trailer the bikes from Pretoria, cause we were entering through the Kruger NP. A couple nights were spent at Punda Maria Camp beforehand prepping and getting everything ready.
Photos below:
1- a REAL pooratech bike "lift"- Saakie's bike's tyre change at home
2- On the road to Giyani we nearly offloaded the bikes at high speed due to the trailer's wheel bursting :eek:
3- Ashley getting ready for battle...
4- Mozambique Border post at Pafuri. On the South African side the police were very friendly and we could leave the trailer there as we had hoped.

Another friend, Grant also brought a KLR, nogals a red one as well. The fourth bike on the trip was Ashley's legend Kawa KL250- it had conquered this trip before- but sadly this time it went on retirement half way through...
Ashley and Grant both have been on this trip before, so stories of sand, rivers and winding tracks had Saakie and I excited for weeks in advance.
As we offloaded at the border the low altitude added to the bike's lus after being trailered for days...

Attachments

• 31052008291.jpg
    31052008291.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 621
  • haarsny.JPG
    haarsny.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 615
  • 09062008357.jpg
    09062008357.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 610
  • 28052008284.jpg
    28052008284.jpg