TOPPIES EN LAAAATIE HELL TOE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Friday morning early i met two of my grandpa,s friends for a trip to Gamkaskloof better known as the Hell,  known as Vuilbaard and Dick the puller of wire

IMG_0322.jpg

We set off for the golden high way just outside Uitenhage which took us to Steyleville 159km of good gravel road where we we had breakfast at the Royal Hotel.

From Steyleville we travel led by tar as the clouds above has become very dark and extremely cold. On arrive at Willomore the first stop was PEP STORE for a jersey.

A great dirt road was then taken to Prince Albert

IMG_0331.jpg

On arrival in Prince Albert we quickly found our accommodation great house with four bedrooms (Sommeso)

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

Friday evening a great supper was had at the SWARTBERG ARMS

Saturday morning we set off for the ride down to the Hell lyk my die toppies trek swaar maar hulle was bok vir die joll ek kan nie beskryf hoe mooi die area is nie maar his is photo.s

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

As jy mooi kyk can jy die muur van rotse sien waar ons noeg moet uitkom

IMG_0353.jpg

Ons kom tor heel bo en begin die pad hell toe die eerste ding wat ons sien is oom Koos se klip daar en dan begin die gesprek oor die kip hoe die m ... kry hom by die huis

Mense ons ry toe verder but I tell you Discovery se most dangerous roads het F...l op die een baan pad Hell toe. 

IMG_0365.jpg

Na a lang ry kom ons toe by die Hell uit

Restaurant is oop op Saturday

IMG_0391.jpg

Motor fiets Zundapp 24cc

IMG_0394.jpg

Family garage

IMG_0395.jpg

Counted 23 of these fellow some climbing sheer rock face and some resting in the sun on the road

IMG_0411.jpg

After breakfast the fellow set off to Prince Albert for a great braai  one cannot explain how the road to the Hell zigzags up the mountain some places one has to make a three point turn

IMG_0434.jpg

Sondag oggend val ons toe in die pad huis to via Meirings Poort De Rust lanks die kus af

IMG_0471.jpg

There are so many great stories about The Hell,    The Hell gets its name from the Khoisan word Lion - Gamka
The first permanent European farmer to put his roots down there was Petrus Swanepoel this was in 1830, other families ,which became synonymous with the Hell were the Maries,Mostert,Cordier, Nels and Joubert clans

A popular story goes that a stock inspector Piet Botha was sent down to the kloof in 1940 to check stock numbers he had such a difficult time getting there he referred to his trip as pure hell 

[b]Selly we missed you on this trip 

Nou manne as jou vrou vir jou se vlieg jy Hell toe      its a weekend away with her blessing[/b]

GREAT FRIENDS GREAT RIDE            THE OLDER WE GET THE BETTER WE WHERE