Travelling light in Caledonia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Yep, I know, there's been a million threads about what kit is needed when biking but, to be honest, I've never read them. Just about all of my riding was done in SA and I had all the bits and pieces I needed for whatever I did.

Please note the word HAD ..................... I still have it but it's all still in SA ....................

Anyway, I'm looking at doing a road trip up to the Highlands in September and am considering camping, to save on the cost of B&Bs and to be more flexible.

What I'd like from you camping/biking dogs is a bare bones list of bits I must take along, like really bare bones. I might not even cook, if I can buy food on the go. The highlands look a bit bleak, though, so shops might not exist and cooking stuff might be essential. No fires, no braai but will buy a few beers and maybe pack a single malt for self-defence.

I'm looking at buying a little 2-man waterproof tent and a self-inflating mattress. I have an army sleeping bag that managed to keep me awake all night in Winter in Warmbaths, sleeping in a hole in the ground. I'm sure it'll do just as well in a Scottish summer.

Also, If I manage to catch a Wildling, will she also need a sleeping bag or will she be ok sleeping on the floor?

Attachments

• Wildling.jpg
    Wildling.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 0