• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Triumph Steve McQueen riding jacket, XL, R1 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
If any of you like to get your McQueen on / dig the old school vibe, this is the jacket for you  :thumleft:

It's a Triumph Steve McQueen Special Edition. I bought it a couple of years ago and have used it regularaly, but it's still in good condition. The size is a 50/60, which translates roughly to a XL.

It's styled after the jacket McQueen wore when he competed in the International Six Days Trials, with an olive colour, quilted panels on the elbows and shoulders, a buckle-style collar and soft corduroy lining the collar and cuffs. There's also a lovely, embroidered Triumph ISDT motif on the back. The "S. McQueen" name patch on the front is removable (via velcro).

It's made from Triumph's "Tri-Tex" fabric—it has a soft feel and vintage look, but it's waterproof (I've tested it a number of times). There's a removable, sleeveless, quilted liner for warmth, which includes a printed panel with the history of McQueen's participation in the ISDT. It also breathes surprisingly well in warm weather, and is comfortable and understated enough that I've worn it casually too (the stitching, finishings and linings are all top notch).

There are 4 pockets (lined with waterproof materials) on the outside, 2 inside and a further 2 inside the removable liner. It's a short-cut jacket, with side zippers and belt/buckle combos, to adjust the fit if needed. There's armour in the shoulders and elbows, but no back protector.

The only damage is a little burn damage to one of the cuffs. But this happened some time ago, and the area hasn't frayed or worn out at all, and is hardly noticeable. I have the original tags, spare buttons and spare zipper pulls too.

All in all it's a fabulous jacket that's served me well, but I need to make space for more gear!

Price: R1 500, PM me

Attachments

• DSCF5852.jpg
    DSCF5852.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF5832.jpg
    DSCF5832.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF5835.jpg
    DSCF5835.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCF5842.jpg