• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trucking/training/shipping bike to Namibia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prototype

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR400
Hey dogs. I am sure this topic has been discussed before but I could not find much useful information in my short search.

I am moving from Cape Town to Swakopmund, Namibia at the end of July and I want to take my bike (2008 KLR650) with me, obviously! Now I know what your thinking: ride it. Alas no. I am making a road trip out of the move with my fiance who recently got a job in Swakop. We are taking her car (Golf tdi with no tow bar) with some clothes, climbing gear and off we go. That still leaves my bike in SA.

So my query is this. Anyone know of a trucking/train/shipping service between CT and either Windhoek or Walvisbaai/Swakop that is a one package deal?? In other words, drop the bike in CT and pick up in Nam, boom. The one company I contacted thus far that deals with bikes (most auto freight services are only for cars) do not offer a crating service as well, which comes highly recommended.

Any one with some experience in this or a contact that might help?