Tulies Weather Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaBa

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Due to Barbara, the wife and the Ba in JaBa, studying for the most part of Oct/Nov the decision was to enjoy a weekend away. No children or parents to look after. The weekend was fixed; 20 – 22 Nov. As well known the weather did not play along but I’ve booked at Tulies Adventures so better phone and determine the state in the Eastern Freestate. The response: “No, don’t come with the bike. The wind will blow you of the road, not to mention the rain”. F#$, there is no postponing possible this time of year so: “Tulie, if you have a kaggel and board games, I’m coming anyway”.

Quickly Fr morning, hired a trailer. Note that we do not polish the driveway  :xxbah: :

Arriving and mostly spending indoors  :( , Sa was enjoyed in a cage through the Golden Gate  :) :

But then Su morning with clear sky, Andre quickly formulate us a quick route on his “machines”. Transferring from the mini laptop to his GPS the route worked out to be 300km and should take us 5 hours.  :biggrin:

Sterkfontein Dam:

According to our Tour Guide the dam wall stretches for more than 1km into the dam. The biggest gravel dam wall in the southern hemesphere (when it was build way back)

From another Lookout Point:

Going down some pass:

Geluksburg and on route to Harrismith:

Apparently Geluksburg is historically known to be an inbread Hillbilly settlement  :-\

Going up some other pass:

No comment:

Due to time constrain photos were few and far between, riding is in any case better. Thanks to Carene for the peechers as I forgot my camera on the bar counter  >:D We still had time to leave for Pta on the N3 and arrive at dusk.

A special thanks to Andre and Carene. These are my kind of people. We were sorted very comfortably in the main house as all others that booked for that weekend cancelled. Food and drinks to my hearts desire. Lekke conversation and experiences shared by our hosts.
The atmosphere at Tulies is very relaxing and I would recommend a visit, rain or shine.  :thumleft: