• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

URGENTLY need a Rear Wheel Flange - 1200GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi Guys,

Went to have a new rear tyre fittied on Saturday. When they tried to torque the bolts, they wouldn't click. Thankfully the thread was still fine, so I could make it home, but after closer investigation I saw that it was the flange 'spider arms' that were cracked!  :(  If you have a '04/'05 model 1200, please have a look at this particular part on bike and see this thread from Michnus: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=30165.0

Part #2:
B0004888.png

I can't believe that BMW would keep this quite...this should have been a recall!  :dousing:

Anyway, I was going on a week long trip this coming Friday, but wont be able to go due if I dont get a replacement part. BMW dealers cross country apparently have no stock. I'm trying the salvage guys as we speak, but would appreciate any help fromthe Dogs!  :thumleft:

Cheers!