Visibility. An absolute must!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS_Guru

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
For some time now, pedestrians and some cars crossing my way realy had me fedd-up.
These bastards must be blind!!!
After googling and reading horror stories for a while now, I realized. You can't be too visible!.
Use reflective tape, lights or watever it takes. Even if the bike looks like a xmas tree, at least u'r safer.
I then grew a desperate riding habbit.
Try this: If you approach pedestrians crossing continue fashing your high beam from far away. It weks, eish boss, sorry!  Maybe its a South African Polenta thing. They only look for cars or bigger objects. Screw bikes!! And the biker always gets the finger. Why???

I found a some magic at last.
Kissan tech makes a thingy called a Path Blazer. They claim it makes the bike 200% more visible. I decided to sqeeze the credit card and got one to try. Its a plug in mod on my Adventure(Very small unit). They make them for all makes of bikes. +/-$100

Man does this thing work!!!!!!!Even on the highway.
It modulates u'r high beam only during daytime from 20% to 100% brightness 4 times a second. U can switch it off if needed.
I don't care if its legal or not. Don't know. Cops dont seem to mind it. Have been using it for 2 months.

All that matters to me is that it makes a moerse difference!! I refuse to go without it.