WAKKERSTROOM RIDE 14 AND 15 JAN 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacoB

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Time for the first ride of the year.

I am planning a bike trip to the Southern Mpumalanga area.  The plan is to depart from JHB early morning on the 14th of January heading south to Warden before turning east via Verkykerskop, Memel, Amajuba and Volksrust to end up in Wakkerstroom early afternoon.  The next day the route heads north to Amersfoort and from there via Bethal back to JHB. 

Wakkerstroom is said to be a small town similar to Dullstroom.  It seems that De Oude Stasie is an option for the evening of the 14th.  I have never been there so I am taking a chance here.  I plan to camp but there are other options for the less adventurous who may want to join in.

The route is mostly tarmac with gravel roads here and there, especially the parts of the route between Warden up to Amersfoort.  Total distance day one, JHB to Wakkerstroom, is approximately 400km (150km on gravel).  On day two, Wakkerstroom to JHB it is approximately 310km (55km on gravel). 

As always the trip is weather dependent.  Who is going with?