Walvis Bay help please - and bike crate available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getitdirty

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
UPDATE: Anyone have a bike trailer available for rent from Windhoek for 2nd week of Sept? Probably 10 Sept.

Need it for 1 day only, to pick up my bike from Walvis Bay and return to Windhoek. Possibly overnight in Walvis Bay depending on shipping schedule, and clearances, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our move to Namibia is happening! The bike is on route to Walvis Bay, arriving first week of September.

I could use help getting the bike out of the crate and on the road. Just an extra pair of hands and perhaps a cordless driver/drill for the screws.

Probably an hour of your time. Payment in beer or similar currency. The plan is to ride back to Windhoek same day, so would be looking to receive the bike in the morning. Have a clearance agent lined up to do the paperwork, etc.

Will have the exact date from the shipping company soon and will update this post, but will be early September.

The crate is available for sale from Walvis Bay (200 euros or equivalent), or free to anyone who helps me unpack. The bike is on a metal rack (apparently this is from KTM but I don't know for sure). See photos.

Looking forward to a few years in the region.
cheers,
Chris.

Attachments

• DSC_0231.jpg
    DSC_0231.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC_0242.jpg
    DSC_0242.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC_0238.jpg
    DSC_0238.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 312