• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted (Against great advice, but I want)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingroads

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
DKW (all models)
I am mad in my head for even asking, but please do not post any abusive comments. Rather PM them, then I can cry afterwards without seeing the - Told you so_ posts.

We really want to start riding dirt. Nothing to technical, not Amageza, Not Dakar. Just go on a sunday, stoetie the bikes to a quarry or farm, and ride around, while our son  practice WITH us.

So I am looking for 2 bikes, as cheap as possible (Yes I know repairs and maintenace will come bite my ass)

XR200R, 200KDX, 200KX, 200RM (Unless you can sugest something else)
Not interested in Chinese bikes.

Original plans was buying 2 x XR200R (81-83 models) at about 5k each, and do a restore project (His and Hers) mine looking exactly like the original bar levers, hand guards, and some add ons.

Spares is still avail, and buying a old bike opens me up to a magnatude of expensive problems, but excluding riding it once or maybe twice a month, the rebuild might/should/will be calming and relaxing.

I have the micro fince for parts, I can get the Clymer, if push comes to shove, runner is around the corner(with a hammer)

All I need is the bikes.

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY CHEAP, PREVIOUSLY LOVED bikes standing around (In the 200cc range) with some sexy lines (XR200R) or (98 KDX) - yes I loved  those. A friend who does not want it? A relative gatvol of it?

Help please, and yes the budget is limited.

PS. Scumtree is just that - scum. Either the bikes fall apart, or does not exist, or not proof of ownership(thus possibly stolen)

Help dogs. My ass is itching.