Wanted bike rent for April and May 2019 or assistance with TRN to purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dim

Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi!
Planning to explore SA, with me and my wife on a touring bike, and we are looking for a bike rental for April and May 2019. I emailed to probably all rental agencies that exist only  (more then 20 email addresses). All are very helpful and welcoming,  but...  prices of USD 70-100 per day, well, way too expensive. For 56 day trip that we are planning it is about USD 4000  :eek:
There is a Transalp for sale for 59,000 R in another tread... which is almost the same USD 4200.
Well, we are okay to purchase the bike too, but there are lots of questions, and, accordingly to online info, even troubles with registering the bike. We are foreigners, on a tourist visa, without any address or etc in SA.
With rental vs buying concerns the whole idea on motorcycling in SA under one big question mark.  :-\

We are looking to rent a bike for 2 month for a reasonable price, with deposit covering border crossing to the neighbourhood countries, as Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique are also on our list.
or
We are looking for any help with getting TRN and assistance in purchasing the bike (and selling it afterwards).
Buy back options are also considered.

We live in Thailand and ride our Honda CB500X. Owned a Yamaha Super Tenero before and travelled literally all SEA countries on a bike.
Been several times in India and Nepal Himalayas and each time travelled on rented Royal Enfield there, great experience. I`m a trained motorcycle rider and have more then 15 years of experience.

We will be much appreciated for offers and suggestions.  Thank you!