WARNING ALL MARIASBURG RIDERS!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spills

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all

I just got off the phone with one of my mates that rode Maraisburg on Sunday and was shocked by what I heard.

For those of you that have not ridden there, its a massive mine dump that passes through a couple of townships towards the Soweto side of Johannesburg.

We are all aware that when driving through these areas to be tolerant of the locals and try keep noise to a minimum whilst driving slowly, but it seems that the young locals there are looking for new ways to have some "fun" or to try and stop the riders riding through this area .In conjunction to breaking beer bottles on the pathway, I was told that they have started laying cables on the ground that as you get close they pull taught and try knock the riders off the bikes. this is not something new but can lead to serious injuries if caught in the wrong place as well as doing damage to our Scoots.

Anyone that is planning riding Maraisburg towards the "wheelie Bin", "Dunes" and doing "uncle harry's run" should be on the look out for the kids on the sides of the roads in large groups as well as cables and bottles in the pathways and try ride in groups of 5 or more.

Not the kind of Monday banter we want to hear but I personally feel it better for all riders riding that area to be aware and giving all riders a heads up.

Regards
Scott "Spills" Spicer