WC - Atlantis dunes - Saturday 10 November 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug C

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Date: Saturday 10 November 2012
Meeting time: 07h30
Meeting place: the Total garage off the R27 (West Coast Road) near Melkbosstrand

Permits are required to access the dunes and I ask that all who take part will honour this regulation.
-- single-entry permits for motorcycles: R70.00
-- single-entry permits for 4x4 vehicles taken into the dunes: R120.00
-- those who trailer their bikes to the venue can leave their vehicle and trailer (free of charge) in the parking area provided at the entrance

I will organise the permits, but the cut-off time will need to be 10h00, Thursday 8 November (I can be reimbursed on the day of the ride). Should anyone require a permit for a 4x4 vehicle, I will need your name (initials and surname), contact number and vehicle registration number (no registration number is needed for single-entry motorcycle permits)

Buff has kindly offered to organise a gas braai (no open fires are permitted) and he will also bring a 40-litre fridge/freezer.
-- please bring your own wors, rolls and drinks (as fridge space is limited, please avoid 2-litre bottles of cool drinks) and, if possible, a cool box
-- the food and drinks can be loaded into Buff’s 4x4 at the meeting point (Buff’s 4x4 will be taken into the dunes and will act as basecamp)

Notes
-- I will maintain a participation list as the second entry of this thread
-- The most direct route into the dunes is via Gate 1. It is nevertheless somewhat testing for those less-skilled in sand riding
-- Please wear suitable riding gear (off-road boots are essential and a neck brace is strongly recommended)
-- Please bring at least 2 litres of water (hydration pack or alternative source), energy bars, etc.
-- For those sensitive to the sun, please bring a hat to use during breaks