WC Noob & Pillion Ride - Sun 27th Dec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
Hey everyone

I'm putting together a ride for this Sunday (27th) - the day after the day that you recover from Xmas  :thumleft:

The route will take us from Durbanville on a 162km trip all the way to Darling! (Don't hold me against that distance, I could be wrong by a few km here or there  :deal:) The route is about 55% dirt - gravel to be specific. The most challenging terrain are some loose patches here and there, other than that it's just miles of easy gravel.

For this reason, the ride is aimed at any of the following:
1. noobs
2. riders that want to take their pillions on a nice "rustige" ride
3. anyone that's in the mood for a chilled out, scenic gravel ride

The pace will be relaxed, the idea is not to rush. So if you prefer technical rides, you will be bored, and should rather stay home. If you like to ride fast, that's fine, as long as you're willing to wait at the turn-offs. Again, you may get bored.

Sunday 27th December
Meeting place: Caltex, crnr Plein & Wellington, Durbanville (-33.827307,18.652731)
Time: meet at 7.00am for coffee and a quick briefing, depart at 7:30 sharp!

We should arrive in Darling sometime between brunch and lunch, depending on the pace, and will grab a bite to eat at Simone's. From there everyone can make their own way home. Bargain on being out most of the day  :mwink:

So, who's in?

the_wes
karl
warren ellwood
natalie ellwood
griffin
rhod
soulforge
KLR
mr. python
hotdogcop
mr. stripes