WC Noob ride - Sun 6 July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
The idea is to put together a ride for inexperienced riders to get their bikes and boots a little dirty, and for those with a bit more experience to enjoy a leisurely ride (or even bring a pillion).

The route will be from Richwood to Darling (where we'll stop off for a brunch), and back, and basically follows the first part of XT660's "alternative route" (for those in the know). I won't describe the whole route, but basically the dirt sections range from hard pack gravel, to scenic tweespoor along the train tracks. Those that have ridden for it will testify to the fact that it's a great route, and, more importantly, very do-able.

Since the ride is for noobs, we'll stop off at each of the first 3 dirt sections (2 being gravel and the 3rd being the first tweespoor) and do a little bit of theory. Nothing hectic (since none of us are "qualified") but just some basic dirt riding tips and pointers.

The route is definitely a 1, with a few sections rating at a 2. Trust me, everyone will be able to handle it, there's nothing in here that's going to wipe you out (unless you push yourself too hard).

I hope to see a lot of you there, otherwise a ride like this is wasted! And if you're not a noob, and want a ride you can do with the significant other, feel free to bring a pillion - a few of us have done these routes with pillions before, there are 1 or 2 hairy bits but nothing major.

NB this is a casual ride. If you want to go fast it's fine, but be prepared to wait a lot at stops. If you want to show off and roost everyone, stay home. (Except you Bus, you better be there ;) !!)

When: Sunday 6 July
Where: Richwood Total
Time: 8 for meet 'n greet and "briefing", to leave at 8.30 sharp!
Bring: appropriate riding gear, and water

Confirmed are:

Leading
the_wes (head lecturer - falling 101, bmw standing/posing 101)

Sweeping
Mark Hardy (head lecturer - falling in front of the camera 101  :pot:)

Riding
Kat
S650DL
jangys
Stoney (+ pillion)
XXX
JAmBer
Boertjie
Paramed

Maybe
WayneH
KTMBigger

Reply if you intend to come, and I'll add you to the list!

latest weather report: (as of Fri 4 July)

Forecast: Sunday, 6 July 2008

Min:  13°C Max:  15°C
Weather:  Rain mainly from noon (60%)
Wind:  strong north-westerly
Sunrise:      07:51 Sunset:  17:50
Moonrise:    10:20 Moonset:  21:47
Moonphase:  Waxing