WD Coffee table book - worth re-visiting ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
The idea of a coffe table book related to DS riding is neither mine, or new.

It has been discussed in this fred started by Ryperd :-

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=12030.0

Now I agree there are problems in putting it together - copyright, intellectual property rights production cost etc., but I believe the concept just too good to let slip.

The girls taught us with their calendar, that if you have a dream and energy you can make something a reality

While reading MetalJocky's report on Namibia I just felt a selfish desire to have some of those photo's and words in a book that I could own on my coffee table. That is a work of art !

My vision, but it is by no means inflexible, is that the general layout would be :-
1. The bikes.
Some pics and write-ups of bikes, bling and farkles
2. What the bikes can do.
Picks of okes doing great things, water crossings, wheelies, coconuts, whoops etc. A few techy discussions, input from our riding boffins. "rider down shots" - when things dont work.
3. The riders
people shots, interacting with people out there - some of those lovely Nardus shots from Africa 
4. The places the bikes take you
Scenery shots, waterfalls, {sun|moon}{rises|sets} rivers, passes mountains , buildings, churches etc. 
5. The trips
Condensed extracts from ride reports.

Now, I am no lawyer, but surely if someone is prepared to post something on a public forum, that person would be prepared to give us rights to put something in a book?

I am no writer,  photographer or techy, but every time I have contruibuted something to the forum it was with the hope that someone got use, pleasure, or information from it, and I have never expected any payment. A bit of acknowledgement is always nice, but does not bother me too much if it is not forthcoming.

I have also never objected to a picture being passed on. I notice that someone used a snap I took as an Avatar, and that is not theft, but a compliment - use it with pleasure mate!

So, lets have the conversation - again !

Surely among all the folk on the forum we have the skill and material to put this together.