Well done BMW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bretts

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
The stitching on my F800GS BMW tank bag worked loose on a recent trip to Swaziland and I returned it to Northside motorcycles in the hope that they could get it repaired for me. I was told that the bag was just within warranty(almost two years old) and BMW would not repair it but replace it with a brand new one. When I went to collect my new replacement tank bag I was amazed to see that it had been replaced with a brand new design which was not as tall as the previous one, but slightly wider. It was also expandable which my original one wasn't. I was really pleased, firstly because of the great service from BMW and secondly because I had always found my original tank bag to be too tall especially when standing. I checked BMW's websites and found that only the old one was shown with no mention of a new revised tankbag for the F800. I reckon I might be one of the first to have this awesome new tank bag, and to think it was a straight trade in for the old model. If anybody's keen I can take a photo and post it.