What bike alarm or alternate options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr D

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi Everyone,

I am writing this because I am seriously f#cked off this morning so apology in advance for the language. I have been living in a flat in secure (and I use that term very loosely) complex in Protea Heights for the past 11 years. I live on the ground floor and park my bike outside on the stoep and under the balcony of my upstairs neighbour.

The bike has been standing there for the past three weeks while I wait for a replacement slave cyinder. Yesterday after I installed the slave and took the bike for a spin I see some f#ck has decided to try remove my Garmin AMPS mount from the Touratech mount on the bike. Two of the four bolts were loose while the other two were gone completely.

Most concerning is the fact that  they are allen key bolts so this f#ck obviously had time to check it out and come back with the right tools but must have been distrubed somewhere along the line. Anyway I alternate between car and bike to work and weekends away so need to find a solution which will sound an alarm when some f#cker decides to help himself to what does not belong to him.

What advise or options can you guys recommend other than parking the bike in the lounge - I have tried to fit the bike through the sliding door but it is too wide.