What handlebars for S10?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willieo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hi guys,
More than happy with my S10 - fantastic in so many ways BUT even after 20kms of any riding and discomfort and spasms appear between shoulder blades (and no - I'm not hanging on to tightly!)
Riding it down to the coast from JHB last week caused a lot of the same discomfort and numbness in parts of my hands.
I have noticed that this has been discussed in depth on other forums, and it seems to be the street orientated Sweep and Rise of the stock bars causing "pain" - especially for taller riders.

I will be ordering 30mm Bar risers as a starting point or can anyone suggest a better solution from the outset. Guys from Off The Road who test products seriously suggest fitting the ProTaper Contour bars - much more enduro orientated.
https://www.off-the-road.de/en/XT-1200Z/Handlebars-more/Pro-Taper-Contour-handlebar.html

No stock in SA of Vario risers which can be a cheapish option to find the correct riding position.

Anyone know where I can buy Protaper bars in SA?

Cheers