Which Bash Plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EATMYKTM.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I'm scratching my head here, trying to figure out which bash plate is deserving of my hard earned cash?
My standard OE plate resembles a jigsaw puzzle with big holes missing, so much so that I bolted a piece of alloy plate to the bottom to prevent an unwanted piercing, but I need to replace it sooner than later :-\
There seem to be a couple of designs out there, some having 'ears' to protect the clutch and alternator casings, as well as a side stand deflector plate, while others just protect the sump.
I know there is/was a thread for this topic, but I want more!!!!
DO I go for the Blackdog racing, Touratech, SW Motech or what?
I love crashing over rocks, riding whoops and generally using my bike as an enduro bike, so I need something that will give the right protection and not wreck him due to poor design. It also shouldn't fall to pieces after a couple of rides.
This need has become rather more urgent after Hilton Hayward did a genius job on my suspension and now i am able to ride him faster on whoops, with inevetable results! :eek: Rocky crest =1, Sump guard = 0
Where do I go???