Which small scrambler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
It has been a very long time when you struggle just to log in, and I need some advice please.

Which small scrambler would you guys recommend for using to patrol the border fence of a Free State farm on a daily basis.
I'm busy electrifying the fence (23km) round a section of land to keep the bloody Rooijakkals out. This will only be effective if the
fence is visually inspected and maintained on a daily basis.

"Jonas" or "Sipho" will have to cover the distance over level yet bumpy ground on some efficient, reliable and cost-effective mode
of transport and I'm thinking a small scrambler should suffice.

Not to limit my options but 21" front and 18" rear wheel sizes are a big deciding factor since I have increasing amounts of fair
tread tires coming off my own KTM Enduro bike. Plus the benefit from the larger rolling radius over rough terrain.

We have good Honda and Yamaha dealers in Bloemfontein so that also scores bonus points. Though I have a soft spot for
Suzuki scramblers the lack of a proper dealer round these parts makes me weary.

Reliable, efficient and practical.

These comes to mind but I'm open for other suggestions since the Bushlander and AG200 has been discontinued.

Attachments

• bushlander.jpg
    bushlander.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Yamaha AG 200.jpg
    Yamaha AG 200.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Suzuki DR200.jpg
    Suzuki DR200.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 316