Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddlebags on BMW F800GSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorsland

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I had a set of the Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddlebags on my previous 800 but I foolishly sold them when I sold that bike. I thought it would be a while before I rode again.  Anyway, life is good and I was able to buy an F800GSA earlier this year.  I started looking around at soft pannier options (hard was never an option for me due to expense, weight, damage to the bike on off road rides, damage to me in the event of an off).  There are some really nice soft panniers out there.  Those that piqued my interest somewhat were the Ortlieb, the Enduristans (I have 2 of their roll top duffle bags and they are really well made) and the Koako bags.  What I like about the Wolfmans (Wolfmen?  ;D) is the fact that they mount so securely to the racks and that they are not too wide.  For some guys, taking a lot of stuff on a trip is important and they may need bigger panniers.  Reading a few threads on AdvRider, I cannot believe how much stuff the yankees take on an "adventure" ride.   :eek7:

So anyway, to cut a long story short (probably too late for that now anyway ;))  I looked at prices here in SA and  :eek7: :eek7: ± R4200 (up from ± R3400 when I bought my first set.  Emailed my boet in Chicago (he has a set of these Wolfmans on his 650 Dakar) and R2400 plus R273 for postage from CT to GR for the guy who brought them across for me and it was a done deal  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Kerels, kom ons wees nou eerlik met mekaar: wie is nie opgewonde om 'n pakkie in die pos te kry nie?

So, I thought I'd document the whole process of mounting the panniers on my bike.  Pics with captions tell the story.