• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: KLR or F650 in decent shape - Plus a bit of a different trade offer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all,

I'm arriving in SA in about two weeks, and my first task on the ground is to get a bike rigged and ready to take me up the West African coast into Europe over the next 5 months.  I'm partial to the F650 due to experience with BMWs, but I think from a cost perspective (I'm looking at MAX R45,000 to spend on a bike in decent) a KLR makes more sense (but if you've got a KTM you'd like to donate, by all means...)

Now - since I'm flying in from San Francisco, ground-zero for cheap bike parts / gear in the USA, I'm extending an offer to any and all reputable folk that can offer me some assistance in locating a bike ahead of time or upon arrival around the 7th of April to purchase and bring over any gear that I can fit in my luggage that can be found significantly cheaper in the US (especially considering the weak dollar).  Any folk in Joberg/Pretoria that are interested in having me bring something in exchange for a beer and some advice on African travel are welcome would be warmly received as well.

Looking forward to my time on African soil.

Best,

Matt