WTF?? Why can service in SA not be like this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passin

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I ordered a HID kit from the states, and did a rush job on Saturday to install it. Very easy and straightforward, truly plug&play. Worked well, but then Sunday morning decided to remount the ballast with a proper bracket and reroute the wires. Messed up somewhere, and now the bright/dim switch doesnt work. Light stays the same ( very bright).

So come Monday I wrote an email to the manufacturer, explaining the symptoms, and saying I suspected a faulty connector or wire , and asked where I can start troubleshooting.

The reply: Send us a copy of the invoice and shipping address and we will send a new ballast.

I send them the above information, and explained that I was in SA, and to start sending parts without knowing where the problem is, is a bit senseless. Also that I was convinced the fault is just a faulty connection or wire.

Next email I get: As you are in SA we will send a whole kit. Here the tracking number from  UPS.

WOW....