• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold XR650L 2012 Asking R60k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssBee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Registered in my name and on the road. License renewal is end December 2023.

Extras
-Unifilter
-Handlebar raisers
-wide footpegs
-bashplate
-luggage rack
-soft pannier racks ( homemade)
-Acerbis tank
-foldable mirrors
-2x spare tubes unused

Work done
- voltage regulator relocated to behind battery box
-NICECNC countershaft 15t sprocket fitted. Rear 45t sprocket and EK chain fitted. ( old ones all very usable still )
-Rear susp swingarm linkage bearings and seals and through bolt replaced. ( lowest linkage on s/arm itself)
- Acewell speedo/tacho fitted and set up.
-carb work done by Motoworx
-swingarm and steering head bearings were done by the PO.
-rear shock has been internally shortened ( serviced similtaneously) by Superfoxi by about 25mm. This is reversable.
- fork oil recently replaced.
-De-smog kit done by PO.
- Dakar style fairing fitted with two led lights by PO
-clutch cable replaced

Mileage - exact mileage unknown. The original speedo stopped at 7k kms with apparent broken internal drive gears. I have clocked up 3.2k kms on the Acewell. I cannot vouch for how much mileage was done between these.

Other parts that will go with the bike are 2x front mudguards, end can ( Tornado?), original tank ( dented) and shrouds , rear footpegs, complete chain and sprockets as mentioned above ( 2x front sprockets), spare handguard shields x3 and a few other bits as can be seen in one of the pics.

This bike has obviously seen some good usage, it has, however, also been subject to an immense amount of TLC by me. It starts very easily even after standing for as long as 2 weeks. It is currently running on Motul 5100 oil. It does not use much oil at all. It has about 800kms to go before the next due oil change.

Please PM me for further info.
XR left view.jpg
XR right view.jpg
XR front view.jpg
XR cockpit.jpg
XR under seat.jpg
XR Acewell Odo.jpg
XR orig speedo.jpg
XR front sprocket.jpg
XR stuff.jpg