• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

XT 660 R - parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Good day Dawgs!

I was in a minor bike accident about 2 months ago, nothing to major, but did have some cosmetic damage to my bike.  I had to respray a couple of components, but it came out great....now my question is:

Although the bike is mechanically sound and I'm driving it in my yard just to satisfy the urge of getting back on the road :drif: I still need 4 part from yamaha to finish "FLY" (that's my bike's name)
I received a quote from Yamaha but the prices are just ridiculous for these 4 simplistic plastic parts, so I'm hoping anyone can help me with a decent second hand or maybe know where I can get it cheaper.

Keep in mind my XT 660 R 2006 model is gray and black in color

1.  Body cowling, this is the part that fits onto your headlight, and then the extended screen can then fit onto this body cowling (see picture attached this one is the wrong color thou) - Yamaha's price(incl vat) = R1640, which is absolutely mind blowing for this simple piece of plastic
2.  Smoked extended screen, Yamaha = R1425, I have purchased one before and I must say, every sent worth it, but if I can get it cheaper, why not Het gekry!
3.  Right side fearing (Scoop Air) that fits over the side of your engine and petrol tank, Yamaha = R814 (excluding sticker kit)
4. Left Hand mirror stay, part into which your mirror screws into which is mounted on the handle bar

Also keep in mind, I bought the bike for R41k, and to be spending R4k on simple plastics doesn't make sense to me, the bike was bought to be driven, so I don't really mind if something has a scracht on it or whatever.
Please contact me on my email address as I'm not always active on the site, but very active on my email - [email protected]

Regards and thank you
Mat

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Smoked screen.JPG
    Smoked screen.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 173
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 171