• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha BWS 100 prepping for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

171steve

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi guys my BWS are almost ready for sale just waiting for the battery and need to polish it a bit clean the carb etc, i was planning on selling it half assembled but decided to rather get it in top condition and then sell for more.
The story with this scooter, it was my dads and then he passed it on to me and in 2005 he bought a brand new one for my sister.
I rode it two years commuting to school and back and on odd days to campus during my student years there after it stood for about 3 years.

Then one day sister borrowed my scooter when hers would not start (flat battery she often left the ignition on) and it was on that day that se slipped around a corner and scratched my covers nothing major just scratches I also have pics of her scoot with the scratched covers.
When she decided so sell her 2005 scoot end last year swopped her non scratched covers with my scratched covers, thats how my scoot got the blue 2005 covers.

Then about 3 years ago I got lus for the scoot again but lost interest when the i could not get it to run properly with the malossi bigbore kit and it stood for 3 years.
I bought the following
A bigger carb
A new heavy duty kelvar drive belt
2 Brand New Michelin bopper tyres
A bigbore kit including
Piston kit and sleeve,
Coil,
Performance exhaust,
Performance clutch
2 sets different weight rollers.
Foam air filter
Tortion spring

With the new carb the scoot is now pre mix and i converted the 2T tank into a reserve tank with a tap to switch between the main tank and the 2T tank.
The scoot sreams with this kit the front just pops up when you pull away hard.
Its got less than 100km on the 125 kit and i also include a 26mm mikuni carb and a malossi 140cc piston and sleeve.
I somehow can not get the scoot to run properly with the malossi kit its a normal std sleeve bored out to fit the malossi piston but i think the port timing might be the problem it just dont run properly so i swopped back to the 125 kit.
I also include a home made aluminum bigger intake manifold and reedvalve spacer.

The performance upgrades and new parts cost me about 10k +
For the guys that have more knowlede about these the scoots got lots more potential performance wise but it also cost a lot more Money thats why im selling because men just never know when enough is enough and i wil end up spending another 10k on the scoot to get it even faster if indont sell it.

Its got just under 15000km on the clock now.
The paint is in a good condition i will watsapp more detailed pics of the scoot for interested parties.
I will also add some better photos tomorrow.

Price R 12000 speak to me.

Im in no hurry to sell the scoot and these are getting harder to find well looked after ones and i know i might regret selling it.

Attachments

• IMG_6831.JPG
    IMG_6831.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_6829.JPG
    IMG_6829.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_6832.JPG
    IMG_6832.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 395