• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha XT 660 R - 2006 Model - Long range tank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Good morning Dawgs!

I recently (about a month ago) had 'n motorcycle accident, nothing to mayor but some cosmetic damage.
I have some question and maybe someone will be able to help:

1. I dented my fuel tank, already prepped and fixed the tank but still need to spray, now I was thinking instead of me screwing up the paint job, maybe just replace the tank with a long range tank and mitigate the paint job risk ;)

Does anyone know where I can buy one, new or second hand?  I found this awesome website, but they are based in the USA (justgastanks), they have a tank for the XT 600, so I already inquired wheter this tank of theirs will fit my model, also I have never shipped from overseas, and don't know exactly how the import tax ect works.

Also if someone has the same bike with a long range tank, can you please indicate if the original side fearing still fit over the long range tank, reason why I am asking, I completely cracked my right side fearing and need to replace it, but if it doesn't fit over the long range, then it would justify it ever more to just buy the long range tank and not replace the fearing...new cost without stickers from Yamaha is about R700

Does someone maybe have a long range tank which I can buy of them?

Thank you in advance
Regards

Latest posts