• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha XT 660Z Tenere' - Jupiter's new ride...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi guys,

it's time I need to sell the Ten and get a bigger road tourer. My Cafe' Racer is almost done and will be a fun ride, but I need a daily road commuter that I can also put the missus on every other weekend and ride to Hermanus for a weekend cruise. I have to admit I'm not an off-road type, and will never be skilled sufficiently to be able to use my bike properly, or even the 1200 for that matter. I've used the Ten with the missus comfortably, but want a proper road tourer with more road orientated specs than a DS bike.  

So, the asking price is R 75 000-00, for which I'm after a good condition 2nd hand 3 or 4 year old GS 1200 with some mileage, and whatever extras might be included. I'll cash in the difference for a later model with less mileage, but don't want to go over 90 K. Nothing higher than 30 000 km's preferrably, and something in similar condition will be entertained.

If not exchanged for a BMW, For R 75 000-00, you're getting:

A 2010 BLACK Demo Model, 1st owner, bought in March last year. It has just over 16 000 Km's on the clock. I use it daily to commute from Parklands to Claremont and back. The bike has only been on a handful of weekend breakfast rides and maybe half a dozen short sandroad rides. 99% used on Tar. Full Service Book History from Heyneman and now Helderberg. Licence Disk sorted for 2 People. (Long story if you don't know about this.)

Bike comes with the following:

Red Key and Spare
Polisport Raised Front Mudguard
Spotlights from Chris Louw @ Dustriders
Yamaha factory fitted Sump guard and "Lower" crash Bars
Yamaha fitted Kappa "Upper" Crash Bars
Barkbusters
Orange Lense cover
Airtime Bar Risers
Wider Footpegs
SW Motech Center Stand from Chris Louw @ Dustriders
SW Motech Pannier Brackets from Chris Louw @ Dustriders
Givi 46 or 47 L Top Box from Yamaha
Came from Heyneman already fitted with a Stage 1 Round Airfilter.
Home made curved extra screentop to aid windflow.

ALSO HAS 2 VERY SOUGHT-AFTER PAW DECALS (SILVER), and Helderberg Yamaha "Factory" Decals.  :biggrin:

The  Original Yamaha Handguards are available. Also included are two 2nd hand Metzeler Karoo tyres with about 70 to 80% tread available. (Came with the Bike and have never been fitted since. They were on the Demo Bike when I bought it.) The bike had done about 6 000 km's as a Demo on theose tyres.

Pics help.
Closeup.jpg

Dash.jpg

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Considering they R 89 500-00 new, this is is a full-house offer for a member here somewhere.

Alternatively, I'll accept R 70 000-00, but I'll take off the Spots, Barkbusters and Top Box.

Hope he goes to a wilddog who uses him well. Let me know if you're interested guys. Now's the time for the deal of the year..  :deal:
PS: Pls no payment deals or 6 month payments etc. Cash is King these days.

Thanks
Alan.