• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha YZ250 2 stroke with full WR conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Hi dogs.

After a lot of thought, I decided to sell my YZ250. A while back I sold my XR650R to get something lighter and more offroad orientated. Well I ended up with an excellent condition YZ250 2 stroke with full WR conversion. The reason for selling it, is because I don't use it enough. Since I bought it I have only used it 3 times and that was in the time I was on leave.

Since my leave ended, I haven't had time to enjoy this bike.

Reason 2 is because I feel selfish when I go out on a saturday and my wife has to sit at home. We don't have any kids so she just sits at home waiting for me to return. This is one of the reasons I don't get time to ride the bike, because I try to rather spend time with my wife on weekends. One way I can actually spend time with my wife is, if I had a bike that could take a pillion.

So, what this means is that I waste my biking time with other activities that me and my wife do together, rather than owning a bike that can take a pillion and enjoying my biking hobby while spending time with my wife.

Ok, enough of that, details of the bike:
2007 model Yamaha YZ 250 2 stroke (2009 registered for the first time)
WR gearbox
WR flywheel
Enduro tank
Softer upholstered custom seat
5mm thick aluminium custom bashplate (really nice)
Hyde disk protector
Back aluminium disk protector
Hyde swingarm protectors
Hyde engine casing protector
V-Force reeds
Suspension dialed in for enduro
Custom sticker kit.
Handgaurds
Forkgaurds
Sidestand
Boil bottle
Pro taper bars (although I think the bike came standard with that)
Excel rims (although I think the bike came standard with that)
And a few other small goodies..

Spares:
Brand new YZ gearbox
Brand new top end gasket kit
Two brand new clutch levers
1 x brand new brake lever
Steel exhaust cage

What I replaced/done since I bought it:
Brand new airfilter (oiled and on the bike but haven't been used)
Brand new brake pads back
Brand new wheel bearings front
Full service by Runner (All oils replaced including brake oil, all filters replaced, carb serviced, radiator flushed)
New fork seals and oil
Back shock serviced
Brand new heavy duty tube front and back with Slime in tubes (or whatever you call the puncture fix stuff)

Other details:
Tyres still good for a few good rides, but will have to be replaced soon
Sprockets and chain still good for a few good rides. (Can still last a while)
Few scratches on the plastics (but it is an enduro bike)
Few scratches on the bashplate (from riding rocks)
Few scratches on the rims (from riding rocks)
One or two dings on the rims (from riding rocks)
Nothing broken/welded/skew etc..

History of the bike:
The previous owner bought the bike brand new at Shimwells Yamaha in October 2007 with full WR conversion already installed by Shimwells Yamaha
The bike had a top end rebuild 25 hours ago, but according to the previous owner, this wasn't needed, but he does that regularly to his bikes.
The bike was one of 2 YZ250's that the previous owner had (2007 model and 2008 model). He sold the 2007 to me to buy a 2010 model.

Bike is really in an excellent condition and pulls really really strong. Nothing needs to be done on the bike, can just get on and ride. Started it yesterday (first time in more than a month) and it started first kick.. ;D

Price: R38500

R37500

Attachments

• PIC_0048.jpg
    PIC_0048.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 556
  • PIC_0051.jpg
    PIC_0051.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 549
  • PIC_0052.jpg
    PIC_0052.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 537