Yet another clutch or gear problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroom

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
since this is the first beemer that i own i am not so familiar with clutch operation and advise or any feedback would be appreciated  :deal:

Model 2008 650 GS twin.
milage 4000km

Background:  about 1.5 months ago i suddenly felt the clutch change.  it engaged with the level pulled back about half way and was smooth.  then it suddenly changed to engage almost releasing the level.  and very sharp.  i took it to the dealer and they found nothing wrong with it.  they just adjusted the tention a bit.  so i adjusted to this.  what do i know.  when you drive or ride an vehicle every day, you imediately know when someting is not working like it did yesterday....

Problem experieced:
Today about 3 times when i gear down from 6  i sometimes have no gear as if it is put in neutral from 2'nd.  this is happened 3 times today when i gear from 6. on one occurence i found nothing and no gear shows on the display.  i let the clutch go and the bike was dead, had to restart in traffic at speed this should not happen.. its bleddie dangerous. the gearbox claps harder than usual when i change from 2 to 3 and then 456 change is quite as it should be.  if i change to 1 downshifting, it is loud.  the simple tap up and tap down is now more making sure you are pressing town and pressing up to make sure you engage the next one.

when the dealer rides it no problem according to them. :peepwall: :peepwall:

is this normal for BWM?