Yet another new guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friggs

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Hi all, have been riding for a few years now, first bike was a '72 CB750 when I turned 17. I've been off two wheels since being wiped out while riding to work almost a year ago, the wife was rather emotional about it and me "almost dying" and and and and (the usual) so I gave it a little while and slowly got her used to the fact that I would end up back on two wheels again. It's basically worked and she even went as far as buying me the helmet I asked for as a Christmas present so I'm taking that as my green light.
One thing I agreed to with her (although it was my idea so a little reverse psychology there) was that I wouldn't buy a bike over 1000cc or a sports/road bike (I wanted to get a DS just didn't tell her that) like my previous bikes (Buell XB9SX with the Buell race extras - had 2, '09 Honda CB1000R, 1250 Bandit, etc.).

So, long story short, looking at getting myself the Tiger 800 XC within the next month or so and have joined up here so long to become a bit more involved and not just a lurker like I have been.

Oh yeah, I also had to promise her a new car if I got a new bike lol... But totally worth it of course.

Anyways, that's my story, excuse the long intro. I'm not the chattiest bloke out but hopefully once I get the tiger I will be more involved and maybe join a few rides as well  :ricky: