Yet another new peeg owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worsie

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Hi everyone

I'm very happy to say I've joined the prestigious list of 1150 owners.

Although I originally wanted an Adventure just because it's so damn cool with the aluminium tank, topbox and panniers I realised that the regular GS will be more suitable for me. As much as I wanted a GSA it would probably be too heavy and high to be comfortable.

So when Casper Rasper's GS came up for sale last week I just had to buy it. Slept over in Riversdale on my BIL's farm Friday evening. Left early Saturday morning to Humansdorp to collect and turned straight round to Riversdale again and back home to CT yesterday morning.

The 4 stop and go's just before Humansdorp was nearly the end of me. Grrrrr. I've still got my 800 but now my wife and I can go riding together which we haven't been able to do (she got her licence about 2 years ago). So different from the 800 but very enjoyable. I was a little nervous about the last 25km's gravel to my brother in law's farm but I couldn't believe how well the bike handled (especially as I've never ridden a 1150 before).

You hardly noticed where the tar ended and the gravel started because the ride was just as smooth. And the road wasn't the best in some places. It was a very confidence inspiring experience. By the way to the EC dogs - why is the Bloukrans pass closed and when will it open again? We went past there a few years ago and it was also closed.