Zambia Advice Needed!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungGSer

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am in the early planning phase of a month long trip I have planned for July. The end destination is Lake Malawi but I am going to be riding up through Namibia and entering Malawi from the Zambia side probably from Chipata. Im completely clueless when it comes to riding in Zambia so I'm hoping some dawgs could enlighten me on possible routes to take and places to stay?. I would prefer to camp but am open to other acc if it is really recommended. Im riding 1200 LC GSA and I do love riding it on dirt but would prefer to limit the amount of soft sand as I will be riding on my own and coz the pig isn't much fun in soft sand with luggage on. 

I know the national parks are off limits to bikes so I'm not bothering with those but I'm hoping to ride some good roads (hopefully gravel) while I make my way across the country. I'm earmarking about 4 days to ride through Zambia so I have a bit of time to see stuff.

Cheers