why are cagers so anal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssBee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I get the shits when I sense that a cager, in rush-hour traffic namely, gets visibly irritated when he/she realises that you, on a bike, are covering ground quicker....ok....by implication, when he/she is waiting in a queue and you have the ability/opportunity to slip by and go while he/she still has to wait his/her turn.

On my commute in the afternoons, one of the many bottlenecks I encounter is a bridge immediately after a highway off-ramp. 95% of the cages turn left on the offramp, then RIGHT on this narrow bridge crossing the highway, then RIGHT again. I, however, follow this route BUT turn LEFT off the bridge.....so....I opt to squeeze past the almost stationary cages on the left....literally in the gutter. Remember MOST cars are waiting to go RIGHT....I come past and go LEFT.

1) Although I'm "pushing" past I'm not "jumping the queue.
2) No-one is pushed back one space by what I am doing
3) I'm not endangering anyone...possibly only MYSELF by riding in the gutter

So today...this rsole in an Isuzu deliberately turns in to the left to block me....he prob thought I'd bliksem into the curb...jump on the brakes ( although at a walking speed that would not be a big deal )...whatever. I guess what he didn't expect me to do was to hold my line and idle past him and actually make physical contact....my barkbuster on his mirror. FFS...how anal can you get.

So....off the bridge I turn around to get a better view of him/her and of course...I get the finger. So obtuse. Needless to say he went right...in the same place in the queue as he was....I didn't cause him a milli-second of inconvenience...not at all.

No doubt I will encounter him again....I ride that route everyday same time.

I am, by nature, quite pedantic about not irritating others, I never jump queues etc....so, FFS, what on earth is so bad about squeezing past while they wait? Or is it a "power" thing...people tend to feel invincible when in their cars. Fkn ticks me off.

Thanks for "listening" to my rant... :mad: