Adventure Bike Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Zog

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL500S
When I bought my GSA I was insured through Tuff Stuff for my Landy and the cage, as well as the household stuff, so I just called them and got the GSA added too. Was simply the easiest option at that stage.

What I really like about Tuff Stuff was that they covered me for when I was outside of SA as well. Not just in case I had a crash, but also for breakdowns and medical emergencies. They promise that they will get you back to SA, and your car, and if you are injured they will get medical assistance to you ASAP.

I have read countless instances on the 4x4community forum where Tuff Stuff has kept this promise to the 4x4 guys. They even offer a sat-phone rental facility for when the guys go way beyond the reach of cell phones.

So yesterday I was thinking about this, and I wondered if I would have the same benefits if I was travelling on the GSA. So I mailed Tuff Stuff and asked them. I just got a call back from them, and they confirmed that I had exactly the same benfits as I would have with the Landy, except that I didn't have a rental option in the event of theft or accident.

I have been dealing with Tuff Stuff for several years now, and although I have luckily never had to claim yet, whenever I have made a change to my policy or similar I have dealt with extremely competent and knowledgeable guys and girls. I really feel at ease now, knowing that when the missus and I venture into the back of beyond on the bike that should something happen all will be taken care of.

I have no affiliation to Tuff Stuff, I am simply a really happy customer, and believe that the service they offer is fantastic. Give them a shout on 0861444400 and see if they can give you a better deal than you presently have. None of the "We'll give you R400 if we can't beat your present insurance" balderdash...