Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Amageza 2013 needs your support  (Read 451 times)

Offline harryhound

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Amageza 2013 needs your support
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:15:57 pm »
The more support we get and the more people who did not enter pledge there house and there cars and there dogs the better chance we might have sorry no wives or children girlfriends maybe :3some:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: Amageza 2013 needs your support
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:27:02 pm »
I don't get it.. the event was advertised, there was great hype, mails were sent.. there was not enough entries, now that the event is cancelled people are rallying behind the event which is great but is it up to us? what constitutes a revived event, nothing against Alex but his communication skills need brushing up, he says the event is cancelled then after a few mails asking him to revive the event he confirms.. no, the event has been cancelled.. now there is a well, watch this space.. I think that is enough for most okes to adopt a wait and see approach.

Did I miss something ?? wer'nt the organisers asking for support for the last few months. What are you trying to achieve with this post? I think that a lot more thought has to go into these posts besides ' hey, give us your support' it does not change a lot of things.. entry fee is still going to be around R6k or has this changed? We still need to be 100% MSA rules compliant or has this changed, it makes a difference. Do we still need to rent walkie talkies at R1k, do we still need to have 3L of water attached to the bikes and a fuel range of 250km.. because if these things have changed the event becomes 50% cheaper and then yes, I'm back in  :thumleft: if not.. well I don't see anything changing, i can't see 100 people all of a sudden jumping up and saying, sure, lets go.

My 2c
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline iamgigglz

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:35:09 pm »
As a non-participating biker who enjoys following this event, I have to say "What he said."
#slowclap
Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.

Offline harryhound

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »
In the last post Alex said that the FAT LADY has not sung yet so that probably means there might be some light in the tunnel hope it is not a train. I am all in for something  even if it is a DETUNED walk in the park.

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:48:02 am »
This event was nearly cancelled last year because of too few registered entries and only made the cut-off numbers. Same again this year with deadline for payment and didn't come near the required amount of entrants.

My wait and see attitude has now gone - replaced with a 'not interested, time to move on' attitude. I'm already looking at alternative trips elsewhere at different times ...........

Can't see the GP and KZN okes traipsing down to CT for a detuned anything
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!